Information in English
The 6th Pori Film Festival will be held between 25th and 29th of November.
The festival was created in 2015 from the need to increase and expand local film culture. In addition to short and feature-length films, the programme includes installations and musical performances.
Pori Film Festival screens local, national and international films. The event will showcase films made in Pori and the surrounding area and also highlights other interesting Finnish films bringing together their creators and the audience. One major part of the festival is the short film selections compiled from the international open call.
Most of the festival program is suitable for English-speaking audiences. Short films are in English or have English subtitles — or no language at all (exceptions are Satakunnan Elävän Kuvan Keskus Esittää and Yökino vol 3). Same applies to the following feature films: Koyaanisqatsi, Last and First Men and Andrey Tarkovsky. A Cinema Prayer.
The timetables can be seen here.
The number of tickets sold for the shows has been limited in accordance with the instructions of the authorities.
- All paid screenings are at Finnkino Promenadi.
- We recommend buying tickets in advance.
- Advance tickets can be purchased from Porin levykauppa (Itäpuisto 7) or from their online store: https://www.porinlevykauppa.fi/pori-film-festival-2020
- Only card payment in Porin levykauppa
- Tickets purchased from the online store can be picked up 15 minutes before the start of the screening at the door of the movie hall.
- The pre-sale ends on November 24th after which tickets can be purchased at the former Anttila ticket sales point (Yrjönkatu 13), which is open from 12:00 to 20:00. We prefer card payment.
- The exception is Fucking with Nobody, which tickets are sold by Finnkino.
- There are no numbered seats.
This year, the festival program is organized in two places in the center of Pori. The distance from the Travel Center to the venues is about 1 kilometer.
Both venues are accessible.
Former Anttila, Yrjönkatu 13
The main venue of the festival is the former department store on Pori’s pedestrian street. More than 2,500 square feet of space in the city center has been largely empty for the past 4 years, and it is now turning into a visual arts scene. The space is easily accessible directly from the pedestrian street. There will be a festival information and ticket sales point during the event. The space is unobstructed. All film screenings take place on the first floor and the second floor is reserved for the exhibition which includes 8 installations. Please contact us if you have more questions about the accessibility of the facilities.
There are 25 seats in the film screenings. In total, a maximum of 50 people at a time will be accommodated in the Yrjönkatu space in order to maintain safety distances.
The entire program of the former Anttila is free of charge.
Exhibition and information point opening hours:
- Wed 25.11. 18: 00—20: 00
- Thu 26.11. 12:00—22:00
- Fri 27.11. 12.00—00.00
- Sat 28.11. 11.00—21.00
- Sun 29.11. 11:00—14:00
Finnkino Promenadi, Yrjönkatu 17
The festival’s feature film screenings are mainly in Finnkino. See more detailed information about the venue here: https://www.finnkino.fi/en/teatterit/promenadi/
Koyaanisqatsi is shown in movie hall 1, other films shown in Finnkino are in movie hall 2.
We invest in the safety of the festival in many different ways. In matters related to the corona situation, we have consulted a specialist in the event industry, Äänirasia Tapahtumantekijä Oy. The planning of the event has taken into account existing as well as possible future restrictions and other safety-related issues. It is important that the festival audience also follows the guidelines.
Safety measures in Pori Film Festival
- The number of seats are limited
- The screenings follow the safety intervals
- To avoid queues, doors open for the screenings 15 minutes before they begin
- Hand sanitizers are available to the public
- We offer disposable face masks if you do not have your own
- Purchased tickets can be returned if you are ill. Send an email to email@example.com.
- Our staff wears face masks during shifts
What we expect from our guests:
- If you have any symptoms, stay at home
- Buy tickets for paid screenings in advance
- Keep sufficient safety distances
- Arrive on time to avoid queues
- Take care of hand hygiene
- We recommend using a face mask
- Install the Koronavilkku on your phone
If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org